Who We Are
We are a small, family-oriented chess and language school - our goal is to enhance learning for children and adults. We provide chess and language classes that promote the development of strategic thinking, multi-tasking, problem-solving, memory, communication skills, and the mind-opening process.
Adrián is a FIDE Master and FIDE Trainer with more than 20 years experience in teaching chess at different levels.
Paola is a professional bilingual Spanish-Italian with more than 10 years experience in language tutoring.
Read more about us.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to enhance and support lifelong learning of students of all ages through chess and languages courses.
We want to improve the overall level of chess played and levels of languages spoken in Australia, and help foreigners to overcome English difficulties through practical conversation lessons and gatherings.
Our vision is to have a community that is prepared for a multicultural world, where people are able to communicate without a language or culture barrier. Where our students will be ready for success in their future academic studies and in the workforce, able to make decisions, finding solutions, and becoming lifelong learners and contributors to society.
What Do We Offer
Our chess and language courses for children and adults are face-to-face and online, one-on-one and in small groups. Fun and social classes which develop skills such as:
communication, memory, listening, creativity, problem-solving, multi-tasking, decision making, mathematics, lateral thinking and more!
Why Choose Us
Small Groups (Max 8 people)
- Classes are organised in small groups which benefit the student in promoting self-confidence, and caters to their individual learning needs.
- Students can choose to attend online classes from the comfort of their own homes, through Skype and Google Hangouts. This may be perfect for companies who want their staff to be trained in a second language from opposite ends of the globe, or individuals who want to better fit learning times into their schedules.
- CLA offers flexible scheduling with morning, afternoon, and evening classes available during weekdays and weekends.
Friendly Learning Environment
- All students will be immersed in friendly and engaging classes taught by experienced teachers, focusing on the positive aspects of learning. Students will be more open to actively participating in class.
Language in Context Programs and Workshops
- Students have the opportunity to practice the language they are studying in conjunction with a particular interest, whether it be surfing, painting, dining, dancing, etc.
- With CLA you will have all the information you need for your next trip! We have travelled to many countries in the world and can help you not only with languages, but culturally too. If you play chess, you can participate in tournaments all around the world and we will be there to support you!
Come join us!
Be aware of our special deals and latest news by signing up to our newsletter!
Emily from Italian Classes
Paola is friendly and professional. I am greatly enjoying our tutoring sessions for Italian. Sessions help build discussion and conversation which is very relevant. Gives insight into culture and phrases that I otherwise may not have known. Paola is also approachable and easy to talk to and ask questions. I am very happy with the result
The Italian Chatterbox
I think I mentioned this already, but I really have enjoyed the sessions so far. You do an amazing job both in coordinating the classes, making such an effort to fit in with everyone's schedules each week, and facilitating the sessions so everyone feels involved and gets a turn (oppure messa alle strette :D).
I'm hoping the practice has improved my Italian, but our friends over there can be the judge.
-Cari saluti e grazie mille per tutto, Suzanne x
Spanish Online student from Perth
Paola is a wonderful tutor! She is attentive, engaged, organised, helps to shape the lessons to your particular circumstances and needs, and she has a wonderful sense of humour. Lessons are really enjoyable and I'm still continuing my language learning with her.
Rebecca from Spanish Classes A1.1 and A1.2 (40 Hours)
I can’t thank you enough for getting me ready for this trip to Buenos Aires. I am conversing and enjoying the language skills I have acquired with our lessons. Really it is working!
We are loving Buenos Aires. A beautiful city, easy to walk, lots of trees, and with the Australian dollar it is inexpensive. I will become ambassador for Argentina!
Our appliances just plug straight in , no adaptors needed.
Off to the Antarctic tomorrow then back to BA for 5 more days of exploring.
y pronunciation of calle was perfecto!